I’m a sole trader operating under the business name Anna Zeller/The Sausage Squad.
Goods & Services
My goods & services include books, merchandise, activities, writing and entertainment content.
My customers include; private individuals, businesses, non-profits, students, teachers and health facilities.
These include suppliers and fellow industry professionals.
This policy describes the personal data I hold on customers and other contacts, how I use it and how I keep it safe.
Last updated 7th January 2021
What I do with the personal data I hold
I use it to do these things:
• respond to enquiries
• communicate with customers
• communicate with other contacts
• monitor and track my productivity
• take payment from customers
• pay suppliers
• maintain records required by HMRC.
I don’t use the data I collect for any other purpose, such as to send out marketing communications, without active consent.
I don’t pass the data I collect on to third parties, unless I am required to by law, for example in the case of a tax audit by HMRC.
Types of personal data I hold
I may hold any of the following personal data on my contacts:
• email address
• postal address
• phone number
• social media handles
• additional personal data supplied to me in emails or documents, including documents for editing
• payment history
Sensitive personal data
I don’t collect any sensitive personal data (such as ethnic origin or criminal history).
However, I may be asked to work on documents that contain sensitive personal data about the author(s) or other people. I will keep such data fully confidential and I will delete the data on request by the data subject once the work is complete.
Where I store personal data (see below for details of specific platforms)
• I store the emails I receive, which contain email addresses and other contact information, in my email platform.
• Postal addresses will also be stored on electronic records of invoices.
• If you use the contact form on my website to contact me, your email address and message will also be stored in the backend of the website as a backup.
• Details of payments are stored, with client names, in my accounting spreadsheets. Details of PayPal payments are also stored on the PayPal site.
• Suppliers’ invoices may be stored in paper form.
• Documents are kept on the hard drive of my computer and all files are also backed up to Dropbox.
Platforms and providers
I access the personal data I hold on a personal computer and a smartphone, both of which are password-protected (on start-up and wake-up). Virus and malware protection is installed and up to date.
Before I dispose of any hardware I ensure that all data is permanently deleted.
All my provider accounts are password-protected.
How long I keep data for
I generally keep contacts’ personal data indefinitely unless I am asked to delete it. In the case of customers, this is because they sometimes require my services after long intervals, depending on their needs.
Removal of data
I will remove your personal data from my records on request, unless it is data I am legally required to keep, such as information I might be required to supply for a tax audit by HMRC. I will aim to carry out any removal of data within 30 days.
You are very welcome to ask me what personal data I hold on you and how I handle your personal data, or to ask me to remove any of your personal data from my records.